Saturday 16 April 2011

Flowers for a change

Everything has started getting greener over here in Sweden and I've spent the past few days concentrating on getting the flowerbeds weeded, fertilized and ready for the summer. Something I must admit I haven't been too good at. But an interest in flowers has been slowly creeping up on me and this year I've absolutely relished in planning and digging the flowerbeds. Photos to follow...

On another, slightly related note I was blog shopping over a cup of coffee by the fire yesterday morning and I came across this one, Fint Hemma, which really inspired me to go out and forage for flowers.

When I stepped outside I was blown away by the carpet of white wood anemones (Vitsippor) that appeared to have sprouted overnight! Also inspired by Fint Hemma, I dug out a few antique crystal snaps glasses and filled them with flowers:

Wood anemones - Vitsippor in antique Orrefors snaps glasses

Wood anemones - Vitsippor in antique Orrefors snaps glasses
We inherited a huge magnolia bush when we bought the house, and it keeps trying to grow INTO the house, so I moved the iron stake along the branch a bit yesterday in an attempt to train it to grow along the house. In doing so, there were a few casualties, but they came to good use and have actually started opening :)

Magnolia casualties


3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, what gorgeous blooms! I think Spring is one of those Seasons that seems to be so short lived. I wish it lasted longer with the beautiful weather and stunning flowers. I bet it's lovely where you live. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, it means a lot to me. xxx tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej
    Det var nära vi bor ju :)
    å missa inte

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    VÄLKOMMEN :)
    Håkan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vad härligt att ni redan har vitsippor hos er! Hos oss dröjer det nog lite längre men den som väntar på något gott... ;0) Tack för tipset angående fläkt till växthuset! Jag har funderat fram och tillbaka på hur jag ska göra och nu har jag bestämt mig för att göra ett "tält" av bubbelplast att ha över tomaterna. Eftersom jag har en varmbänk inne i växthuset borde den avge nog med värme... Lite lotteri, men spännande!

    Ha en underbar trädgårdssöndag!

    / Anna

    ReplyDelete