Tuesday 5 April 2011

Finally greenhouse weather (ish)

So it was 30oC in the greenhouse yesterday... The sun was shining and the birds were singing and there was a real feel of spring in the air.

How could I resist therefore moving all the tomatoes and small hardy-ish plants out into a much lighter room, even if it still a wee bit chilly at night.

I plugged in my new heater and connected up the auto-watering system. And after faffing about with the window-openers for half an hour I decided to leave the task to my husband who has fitted them a few times before.

Tomatoes, potatoes, ruccola and lettuce babies
All of my exciting tomato varieties
getting used to their new home

Spring onions, leeks, tobacco flowers, various
lettuces and stir fry veggies
 I went down to check on everything this morning and everyone seems to have survived the night, but it was the same temperature in the greenhouse as it was outside (5oC). Which is fine as long as it doesn't get colder than that. But this is Sweden. And it will.

So in a panic I rushed up to the house and started trawling the Internet for a decent heater, which I found :D This baby will be mine this evening:

That should keep me toms warm :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and entering my giveaway. Good luck with your tomatoes. Mine are still indoors at the moment, I only sowed them just over a week ago, but I will get them in to the greenhouse as soon as I can otherwise they'll get leggy. My greenhouse isn't heated but I usually put up my mini plastic greenhouse inside my normal greenhouse just to give a bit more protection to the seedlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack för svar ang körsbärsträd.Jag skall ta kontakt med Mats tror att han är intreserad.
    Kan ja mejla till dig?
    Hörs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete